Some improv and comedy related highlights from around the web:
- Check out this video of Kent Haines & Aaron Hertzog performing a sketch for Bedtime Stories‘ “Way Down in the Hole: A Comedy Tribute to ‘The Wire’ [Comic Vs. Audience]
- A new read for your bedside table – The Funniest One in the Room: The Lives and Legends of Del Close was penned by oft Python biographer and co-author of Truth In Comedy, Kim “Howard” Johnson
- 16 Agents from Improv Everywhere staged a Food Court Musical at a mall in LA
- Local comedian Don Montrey liveblogs his afternoon latte at La Colombe [Phillyist]
- Sketch comedy fans will not want to miss The Terrordome on April 18th at the M Room, featuring Animosity Pierre, Meg & Rob, Secret Pants, The Sixth Borough and Rowan & Hastings
- CHTV has a new short featuring an eulogy for an Internet commenter [BWE]
- Both Kevin Thom and Tom Hurley have some amazing photos of improvisers playing at DSIF8 a couple weeks ago.
We’re now upon the March run of PHIT @ The Shubin. This month’s showcase is a giant fundraiser for Project HOME; a charity working towards ending homelessness in Philadelphia.
This Week’s shows
7pm: Tongue & Groove with Illegal Refill. $5.
8pm: Bedtime Stories: Way Down in the Hole (A Tribute to The Wire). $5. PW A-List Pick!
8pm: Theatresports: DCT North vs. Philly. $5.
10pm: CAGEMATCH: Holmes vs. Holmes vs. Homelessness. $5.
8pm: Meg and Rob with Traffic Jelly. $10.
10pm: Cajones with BWP. $10.
8pm: Cajones with BWP. $10.
10pm: Meg and Rob with Traffic Jelly. $10.
7pm: The Parade of A-Holes: A Benefit Auction for Project H.O.M.E. Free & BYOB!
Comic Vs. Audience has the lowdown on the benefit auction:
“Part comedy show, part benefit auction, The Parade of A-holes will take you on a hilarious trip through your bad dating decisions. In the style of a charity bachelor auction, these eligible and annoying singles (played by a selection of Philly’s favorite improvisers and sketch comedians) will be “auctioned” alongside fabulous prize packages. The winning bidder goes home with the prize, not the a-hole, and everyone gets a chance to laugh at some characters everyone’s dated but nobody likes. Bonus: It’s all for charity! The Parade of A-Holes: Laugh! Bid! WIN!”
PHIT @ THE SHUBIN
Mon 3/3 – Sun 3/9